If you’re all ready for the holidays to add some sparkle to your home, here are a few simple ways to do just that! Whether you love silver, gold or glitter (or even all three) you’re sure to find an idea to add something shiny to your house. It’s all about adding some reflective surfaces in your decoration to make each room feel festive!
- Make a door wreath using gold, silver, and glitter ornament balls, and matching ribbon or tinsel. This will make a statement on your front door this year.
- Decorate your table battery-powered candles surrounded by silver or gold spray-painted tree branches and arranged leaves and pinecones for a modern, glowing dining room.
- Create a holiday banner to hang over your fireplace using big letter to spell “Happy Holidays” or “We Are Thankful” or whatever phrase you like. Adding glitter to the letter will make them sparkle whenever there’s a fire in the fireplace reflecting below.
- Upgrade your stockings to gold and silver fabrics.
- Use only gold and silver wrapping papers, ribbons, and bows for the gifts under your tree.
- For your holiday meal, add gold or silver charger plates or placemats under the dinner plates to make your table sparkle.
- Some people have a set of holiday linens they bring out to replace everyday ones. This can include sofa pillows, a throw, and even kitchen and bathroom towels. Choose ones with metallic thread highlights for extra sparkle.