Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! This year, you can include your whole family in the celebration of love with these family-friendly Valentine’s Day celebration ideas.
- Hold a “Secret Cupid” exchange: Draw each other’s names ahead of time, and get a small gift, or make a beautiful cad for your secret cupid recipient. Help children with supplies to make their card or shopping for their gift.
- Red & Pink Dinner: See if you can create a whole dinner using only red and pink foods! Think ham, apples, red cabbage, beets, cranberry sauce, pink vodka sauce on tomato-basil pasta, strawberries and raspberries. Tint the mashed potatoes pink! Use your imagination to the delight of your whole family.
- Chocolate Creation: Create a special chocolate dessert together like a chocolate cake, cupcakes, homemade ice cream, chocolate pie, brownies, or even a fancy chocolate fondue!
- Decorate Valentine’s Day cookies for others: Turn Valentine’s Day into a family volunteer project and make cookies for grandparents, neighbors or teachers.
- Make a love list: Ask each family member to list 5 things they love about each of the other people in your family. At dinner time, ask each person to read their list out loud, so everyone can hear their best qualities!
Children love doing nice things for others, and Valentine’s Day can be the day to reinforce that habit and show kids tangible ways that.